Established in 1861 the Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees was
the first hotel facility overlooking Lake Maggiore to host famous
people, including sovereigns and
well-known writers and artists.
Also in this case, blown glass was used to create the shelter, since it is a very versatile material. The shelter is simple, but extremely elegant and it welcomes guests at the main entrance. The roof is supported by two cast iron and wrought steel columns. The same style is used also in the sign, which reminds of an ancient banner.